Planning for Emergencies in the
Design and Construction of Health Care Facilities
Agency for Health Care Administration
If there is one thing we learned last year, it is to Be Prepared! We must be prepared for unexpected emergency events, both natural and human, to protect and defend our health care facilities and the patients and caregivers who occupy them. We can no longer assume day-to-day routines will be the norm. We must plan now to provide the resilience and security required to assure all care environments remain safe and secure.
During the AHCA Seminar, nationally recognized speakers will review past experiences for lessons learned, identify present vulnerabilities, and develop possible future strategies to create a more resilient and safer environment in which healing can continue to occur regardless of external conditions.
In addition, there will be detailed training in the new Codes and Standards applied and enforced in Florida for hospitals, nursing homes, ambulatory surgical centers, and other health care facility types.
Registration and Housing are now open!
Highlighting this year will be:
• Two (2) hours Advanced Course required by the Building Code
• Panel discussions with the AHCA Architects, Engineers and Fire Safety surveyors
• "Ask AHCA 2021" Under the Resources tab, ask a question of the AHCA Architects, Engineers and Fire Safety staff, that will be answered and discussed at the seminar.
• CEUs for Architects, Engineers, Facility Managers and Contractors
• AHCA Expo of new products and services for health care and a gala opening reception
• Opportunities to mix and mingle with peers and clients
• Sunday Morning Golf and Registration
• 2 Breakfasts, 2 Luncheons, and 2 Receptions
The AHCA Seminar is being held at the newly renovated and expanded Disney Coronado Springs Resort, with special conference room rates and discounted Disney tickets for AHCA Seminar attendees. Registration is now open.
The Agency for Health Care Administration will
have their staff on hand at an "ASK AHCA 2021" special
session at the AHCA Seminar & Expo this year.
You are invited to submit questions on this website for a live discussion of the answers at this years seminar. Click on the Resources tab to submit a question.