Planning for Emergencies in the
Design and Construction of Health Care Facilities
Agency for Health Care Administration
Registration and Housing are now open!
If there is one thing we learned last year, it is to Be Prepared! We must be prepared for unexpected emergency events, both natural and human, to protect and defend our health care facilities and the patients and caregivers who occupy them. We can no longer assume day-to-day routines will be the norm. We must plan now to provide the resilience and security required to assure all care environments remain safe and secure.
During the AHCA Seminar, nationally recognized speakers will review past experiences for lessons learned, identify present vulnerabilities, and develop possible future strategies to create a more resilient and safer environment in which healing can continue to occur regardless of external conditions.
In addition, there will be detailed training in the new Codes and Standards applied and enforced in Florida for hospitals, nursing homes, ambulatory surgical centers, and other health care facility types.
Download the Crowd Compass Phone App for any of your devices.
Look for this icon in the App Store OR
Scan the QR Code OR
Type in the URL, https://crowd.cc/s/459Vy
Enter the Event name: AHCA 2021
or lowercase ahca 2021
Click on download button next to "Event information"
Click on the Login button: Enter your
First name, Last name, and Email address.
Then you will be logged in. On subsequent visits you will not need to log in.
Highlighting this year will be:
• Two (2) hours Advanced Course required by the Building Code
• Panel discussions with the AHCA Architects, Engineers and Fire Safety surveyors
• "Ask AHCA 2021" Under the Resources tab, ask a question of the AHCA Architects, Engineers and Fire Safety staff, that will be answered and discussed at the seminar.
• CEUs for Architects, Engineers, Facility Managers and Contractors
• AHCA Expo of new products and services for health care and a gala opening reception
• Opportunities to mix and mingle with peers and clients
• Sunday Morning Golf and Registration
• 2 Breakfasts, 2 Luncheons, and 2 Receptions
The AHCA Seminar is being held at the newly renovated and expanded Disney Coronado Springs Resort, with special conference room rates and discounted Disney tickets for AHCA Seminar attendees. Registration is now open.
Returning to a World of Magic - For the latest details on Resorts, Theme Parks, and other offerings, please visit https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/.